0Taking the Kyoto City Subway
Thank you for using the Kyoto City Subway.
- There are 2 Lines.
- Karasuma Line (North & South of the Kyoto City Area) ～ Number of Stations: 15
- Tozai Line (East & West of the Kyoto City Area) ～ Number of Stations: 17
- Both Lines share the Karasuma Oike Station (・). Transfering between the 2 lines is possible at this station.
- Subway Line Information
- We operate generally from 5 o'clock to 23 o'clock. In the early morning and at night, the number of operation trains will be smaller. Please check the timetable for details.
- Subway Timetable
- Adult 210 - 350 yen
Child 110 - 180 yen
Fare is determined by the distance and stations traveled.
- For 600 yen (Adult), you can purchase the (Kyoto City Subway One-Day Free Ticket). This ticket will alow you to take the subway as many times as you want for a day.Kyoto City Subway One-Day Free Ticket
- Please purchase a ticket before getting on the train.
You can use the following type of tickets.
- Ticket (Regular)
- One-Day Ticket (such as Kyoto City Subway One-Day Free Ticket)
- IC Card (such as PiTaPa,ICOCA,Suica,PASMO)
- Traffica Kyo Prepaid Card, Surutto KANSAI Miyako Prepaid Card (such as Surutto KANSAI Miyako Prepaid Card)
- Subway Coupon (Discount) Tickets
- Other Tickets
- Credit & Debit cards cannot be used.
- JAPAN RAIL PASS cannot be used.