0Taking the Kyoto City Subway
Thank you for using the Kyoto City Subway.
- There are 2 Lines.
- Karasuma Line (North & South of the Kyoto City Area) ～ Number of Stations: 15
- Tozai Line (East & West of the Kyoto City Area) ～ Number of Stations: 17
- Both Lines share the Karasuma Oike Station (・). Transfering between the 2 lines is possible at this station.
- Subway Line Information
- We operate generally from 5 o'clock to 23 o'clock. In the early morning and at night, the number of operation trains will be smaller. Please check the timetable for details.
- Subway Timetable
- Adult 220 - 360 yen
Child 110 - 180 yen
Fare is determined by the distance and stations traveled.
- The "Subway, Bus One-Day (Two-Day) Pass" is available for 900 yen (adult). This ticket will allow you to ride the Kyoto City Bus(all routes), the Kyoto City Subway(all lines), the Kyoto bus(excluding certain routes) and the Kehihan bus(excluding certain routes) as many times as you want for a duration of the day.Subway, Bus One-Day (Two-Day) Pass
- The "Kyoto City Subway One-Day Pass" is available for 600 yen (adult). This ticket will allow you to ride the Kyoto City Subway(all lines) as many times as you want for a duration of the day. Kyoto City Subway One-Day Pass
- Please purchase a ticket before getting on the train.
You can use the following type of tickets.
- Ticket (Regular)
- One-Day Ticket (such as Kyoto City Subway One-Day Free Ticket)
- IC Card (such as PiTaPa,ICOCA,Suica,PASMO)
- Traffica Kyo Prepaid Card
- Surutto KANSAI Miyako Prepaid Card (You can only use this card for purchasing tickets with ticket vending machines)
- Subway Coupon (Discount) Tickets
- Other Tickets
Notice / Disclaimer
- Credit & Debit cards cannot be used.
- JAPAN RAIL PASS cannot be used.