You will be able to view the answers by clicking on each question.
- Do you need to make a reservation to be able to visit the castle?
- The castle is free and open to visitors, so there is no need to make a reservation in advance.
- Can you enter the castle with a wheelchair?
- Yes. However, some parts of the castle do not have wheelchair ramps available so a detour might be necessary. Also, if you enter the Ninomaru Palace you will be requested to change into a palace specialized wheelchair.
- Are there wheelchairs available for lending?
- There are 3 wheelchairs with electric assist available for lending at the office. (Free of charge) You cannot make reservations in advance.
- Can you bring pets into the castle?
- Please refrain from bringing pets other than seeing-eye, assistance and hearing dogs.
- Are there places where you can eat?
- You can eat at the large rest area, but you cannot make any seat reservations.
Sweets are sold at the stand.
- How much time do you need for the tour?
- About 1 to 1 and a half hour.
- Are there any guides available?
- English guided tours Time : Everyday at 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM
(excluding days on which Ninomaru-goten Palace is closed)
Tour Duration : Approximately 90 minutes
Price : 2,000yen per person (admission fee for Nijo-jo Castle is not included)
- Are there any gift shops?
- There is a gift shop at the large rest area where you can buy original
goods of the Nijo-jo Castle and Kyoto souvenirs.
- Can you leave your luggage somewhere?
- There are coin-operated lockers located nearby the front ticket issuing
office （the entry ticket office） as well as in the large rest area.There
are luggage check area located by next to the information desk of the Higashi-Ote-mon
as well as in the large resting room.
- Can you to take pictures inside the Ninomaru Palace?
- To protect the paintings on room partitions no pictures are allowed inside the palace.
- Is the Honmaru Palace open for visitors?
- Because the earthquake-resistance is not sufficient, the palace is closed to the public at the moment.
- Are there any places where you can take group pictures?
- You can take group pictures between Kara-mon and the Ninomaru Palace. When taking pictures, please try not to disturb other visitors.
- What are the entrance hours?
- 8:45 AM - 4:00 PM. (The castle closes at 5:00 PM)
- Do you light up the Sakura trees in Spring and the Coloring of the leaves in Autumn at night?
- Every year, from the end of March to the middle of April, we light up the Sakura trees. We do not do light-ups during the Coloring of the leaves.